Expand AllHow do I apply for the franchise program?
Contact us at email@example.com for more information and to begin the application process.
Each prospective franchisee completes an application and a skill set survey to help us understand more precisely what they want to achieve with their Central Bark Doggy Day Care business. We also communicate extensively during the process so we can make sure the relationship is a good one for both the franchisee and CBDDC (BVI), and we invite you to join us in a scheduled visit to an existing CBDDC location to see what it is we do and if we are a good fit for each other.
The answers in the application and survey helps us identify your range of skill sets and strengths from a business, operational and financial standpoint. Our conversations will let us know where you may need more assistance, and the tour will provide insight into the basics about the day-to-day operations of running this business. The Doggy Day Care business might not be right for everyone, and we want to make sure that we can provide you with the right tools and support resources to you in reaching your goals.
The best time to start is when you’re ready. It’s that simple. However, once you’ve made your decision, the sooner you involve us, the sooner you’ll be equipped to manage the timeline. We’ve partnered with individuals at every stage of the process, from the initial contact through pre- and post-openings. No matter when you start, or where you are in the process, know that we’re here to assist you.
- The proprietary Central Bark Doggy Day Care Operations Manual – This incredible document is the result of years of doing business. It is a complete and comprehensive guide to the how to’s of running a CBDDC business, including all policies and procedures, paperwork, documentation and forms used in our business.
- Two weeks on-site training and support for you and another person at Central Bark University.
One week of training and support at your site with our Doggy Day Care experts.
- Continuous access to all of our professionally designed creative and marketing material, including website, newsletter, advertising layouts, etc.
- Use of our unique Barkware software – This incredibly robust software package has been developed specifically for the Central Bark® business model and provides you with a paperless system for managing your Central Bark with updates and enhancements provided on an ongoing basis.
- Our ongoing availability to assist you in growing your Central Bark Business
No two businesses are exactly the same when it comes to size, location, investment, etc., so there’s no quick answer to this question. Rather, we’ll guide you in projecting and anticipating all of your start-up costs. And we’ll do so in our one-on-one consultations. We also cover this in the financial planning section of our training manual.
To give you a general idea, depending on your credit history and availability of funds from an institution, your personal cash availability will have to be a minimum of $150,000 on up to the full cost of the franchise. Our current initial investment range is between $255,118-$389,046 which includes the one-time $40,000 franchise fee (that is required at the time you sign your Franchise Agreement), buildout, equipment and initial operating capital. You may be required to put down up to 30% to meet lending institutions requirements. The following guideline breaks down the ongoing fees after signing your Franchise Agreement:
|Royalty Fees||6% of gross sales|
|Marketing Fund Fee||2.0% of gross sales|
It takes a strong desire to own your own business, hard work, dedication, ability to follow a proven model and an uncompromising standard of excellence. People don’t know what they don’t know and that is why Central Bark Doggy Day Care helps you eliminate obstacles, anticipate and strategize for your business to help maximize the potential. We will teach you the Central Bark franchise model to help prepare you for running a successful CBDDC franchise from your initial signing through you initial and ongoing growth and development. We provide the tools you will need, like our franchise services and training manual, to teach you how to operate your Central Bark Doggy Day Care business in the most efficient and rewarding way possible.
Which of these skills and traits apply to you? All are helpful; however no one has them all. That is where a strong franchise system like CBDDC comes in. You are in business for yourself; not by yourself.
- Management experience including proven fiscal success
- A sincere and absolute love of dogs
- Retail service/management experience
- Advertising/marketing experience
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong entrepreneurial instincts and a willingness to try new things
- Love for serving the general public/customer service
- An eye for detail and talent for organization
- The ability to handle pressure and juggle many tasks at once
- A supportive spouse/partner and family
- The time and energy to dedicate to the growing years of your business
- The ability – both physically and mentally – to handle the rigors of running and managing your own franchise on a day-to-day basis
- The ability to work within and follow a system, while utilizing your creativity
- A desire to live in and share in the growth of your community
By joining forces with Central Bark® Doggy Day Care you will have advantages not available to anyone else in the industry. Just to name a few:
- The proprietary Central Bark® Doggy Day Care Operations Manual – This incredible document is the result of years of doing business. It is a complete and comprehensive guide to the “how to’s” of running this business and including all policies and procedures, paperwork, documentation, releases and forms used in our business.
- Standards and operations criteria unparalleled in the industry.
- Two weeks on-site training and support for you and another person at one of the current state-of-the-art Central Bark® locations.
- One week of training and support at your site with our Doggy Day Care experts.
- Continuous access to all of our professionally designed creative and marketing material, including Web site, newsletter, advertising layouts, etc.
- The advantage of a powerful brand name and established reputation.
- Automatic participation in our Web site and newsletter.
- Use of our unique Barkware software – This incredibly robust software package has been developed specifically for the Central Bark® business model. It provides you with a paperless system for managing your day care program with updates and enhancements provided on an ongoing basis.
- The commitment and dedication of our tireless staff to help you reach your goals.
- The availability to other Central Bark® business managers in a network that offers you continuous support and access to other Doggy Day Care people.
- The advantages of being part of a strategically and expanding network of Doggy Day Care owners.
- Access to experience and knowledge that will take the guesswork out of running your own business.
- Access to two nationally-known and recognized small business entrepreneurs and experts in the Doggy Day Care business.